- Spider veins – unsightly broken and dilated blood vessels
- Varicose veins – bulging, stretched, inflamed veins
- Unwanted broken blood vessels on face (rosacea)
- Pain, leg swelling and discomfort from abnormal and broken veins
- Unwanted vascular birthmark or lesion
Vein irregularities come in all shapes and sizes. Spider veins are small clusters of red, blue or purple veins that can occur on any area of the body, but most commonly on the legs and face. Varicose veins are larger in diameter, darker in color and tend to bulge. Certain types of birthmarks or lesions can also be the result of vascular irregularities. Using a variety of methods, Dr. Kagan can relieve you of your vein conditions.
Depending on the severity of the condition, vein treatments can include:
- Laser closure
- Injection therapy
- Minimally invasive surgical treatments
- Laser vein treatment that targets the hemoglobin in unwanted vessels. Laser light is passed through the skin causing the vein to seal off, break up and dissolve. The vein is then absorbed by the body and disappears. There is no rupture or bruising and can be used for all skin types as the laser will not cause burns or blisters. Several treatments may be necessary for optimal results and results are permanent on treated veins.
- Sclerotherapy is a simple procedure where veins are injected with a sclerosing solution that causes them to collapse and fade from view. The sclerosing agents are mild enough to be used in small veins making the relatively painless and quite predictable.
- Surgery is used mostly to treat and remove very large varicose veins. The type of surgery required will depend on the severity of the condition and patient’s overall health.